AUSTIN EATS FOOD TOURS COVID-19 SAFETY
At Austin Eats, your health and safety is our top priority. We set the bar high to ensure our guests, guides, and restaurant partners a safe and enjoyable experience. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Groups of 10 or fewer
We respect and adhere to the party-size limits of all our restaurant partners.
- Mandatory Masks
We follow government and CDC mandates, and require all our guests and guides to wear face coverings throughout your tour.
- Social Distancing
We ask that parties remain separate from each other on tour, and keep a minimum distance of 6 feet from other parties.
- Totally Outdoors
At no time on your tour will the group be going inside a restaurant to enjoy the stop.
- Hand Sanitizing & Hygiene
Restrooms and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the tour.
- Individual Portions
The only things we’ll be sharing on your tour are memories, not plates.
We Take Your Safety Seriously
We are working closely with our restaurant partners and following all local, state, and federal guidelines and mandates to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for our guests. Additionally, we are implementing further precautionary measures to ensure a safe and healthy tour experience for our guests, guides, and restaurant partner staff.
For Our Guests
- Guests experiencing or exhibiting any symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or other symptoms may not participate in the tour.
- Guests will be required to wear an approved face mask throughout the tour unless actively eating or drinking. Guests must bring their own masks to participate in the tour.
- Social distancing procedures will be enforced for guests throughout the tour. Each individual party on the tour will be asked to keep a distance of at least 6 feet from other parties and guides during the course of the tour.
- Seating at our restaurant partners will be directed by the tour guide to maintain social distancing standards.
- Hand sanitizer & hand washing facilities will be available throughout the tour.
- Food and drink will be individually portioned, and only handled by restaurant staff and the guests for whom the food or drink is intended.
- All tour stops are outdoors. There are no stops where our guests will be seated indoors.
For Our Guides
- No tour guide will be allowed to lead any tours if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- All guides will wear face masks for the entire duration of the tour, and they will maintain social distancing standards of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Guides will regularly wash and sanitize their hands throughout the tour, and they will never handle any food or drink intended for guest consumption.
- You may tip your guide during the checkout procedure when you reserve your tour, or you can use a digital payment platform like Venmo or PayPal to tip your guide while on tour.
If you have any questions or concerns about our enhanced safety precautions, please send us an email to [email protected] or call us at 512-963-4545.