Explore a global melting pot of local restaurants and bars. At the end of the tour, you’ll be able to introduce your friends to some of Austin’s hottest hidden gems!
Meeting Location: Inside Lazarus Brewing (1902 E 6th St) at 10:15 a.m. Your guide will be wearing an Austin Eats T-shirt.
- Person Ages 15+
SAVOR THE BEST AUSTIN BBQ, BRUNCH & BREWS
Not only is Austin ground zero for the country’s original barbecue, but we’ve become a destination for craft beer lovers the world over! Join us on this bus tour of Austin’s funky East Side where you’ll learn about the history of Texas barbecue at one of Austin’s greatest hidden BBQ gems.
You’ll also chow down on handmade breakfast tacos, feast on farm-to-table brunch fare, and enjoy tastings at two of Austin’s best local breweries.
Avoid parking hassles on the East Side and download the Lyft app here to get $10 off your first ride using the promo code AUSTINEATS!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Three words: Authentic. Texas. Barbecue.
- Indulge in the cuisine Austin is famous for: barbecue, breakfast tacos, brunch & beer!
- Local Austinites love discovering the hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path mom & pop spots on our tours!
- Friendly & knowledgable guide provides an insider’s look at the East Side, Austin’s fastest-growing, most diverse & coolest neighborhood.
- Tour in style on a luxury, air-conditioned executive bus complete with a stocked cooler.
- Enjoy several selections from Austin’s best craft breweries. And did we forget to mention? Mimosas!
- We never forget dessert! We’ll send you off with something sweet after feasting our way through the East Side.
HAVE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
We are able to accommodate many common dietary restrictions and allergies. When signing up for a public tour, please complete the dietary needs questionnaire as completely as you can. If you have restrictions beyond what’s covered there, please contact us to find out if the tour is right for you. Please note: while we will do our best to accommodate your dietary needs, your tour experience may differ significantly from that of your fellow tour-goers.